Help us celebrate all the things you love about our beautiful region, while also helping the PA Wilds Center non-profit launch a brand new PA Wilds website this Spring and build our digital photo library of user submitted experiences!
Photos we are looking for
Photos must be original, and taken within the 12.5 county region that comprises the Pennsylvania Wilds. The PA Wilds consists of the following counties: Cameron, Centre (north of State College), Clarion, Clearfield, Clinton, Elk, Forest, Jefferson, Lycoming, McKean, Potter, Tioga and Warren.
We encourage the submission of photographs from all four seasons – Spring, Summer, Fall & Winter are all amazing in the PA Wilds! Submissions may be new photos, or your favorite shots from the recent past.
The PA Wilds Center Photo Contest, “Show Us Your #PAWilds” begins February 27, 2017 and ends March 15, 2017. Online entry begins at 5:00 p.m. EST on February 27, 2017. The deadline for submitting entries is 5:00 p.m. EST on March 31, 2017. Winners will be announced on or before April 7, 2017.
- Our Scenic PA Wilds Landscapes: Outdoor landscape shots, overlooks, trails, forest, flowers, our great outdoors in all Four Seasons! And don’t forget nighttime shots and our famous dark skies.
- Outdoor Recreation: Outdoor adventures in the PA Wilds, for example, camping, canoeing & kayaking, ATVing, hiking, rock climbing, hunting & fishing, winter sports and activities, etc.
- Community Character & Charm: Inside the towns of the Pennsylvania Wilds including town landscape shots, aerial photography, examples of PA Wilds design & architecture, public art, main streets, buildings, historical and patriotic markers, etc.
- PA Wilds Entrepreneurs & Makers: We celebrate #PAWildsMade and PA Wilds businesses! Examples include artists and craftspeople, small businesses – exterior facades, owners, restaurants and hotels, etc.
- Wildlife: PA Wilds wildlife and domesticated animals too! All animals found in the Pennsylvania Wilds region including elk, deer bear, fish, squirrels, raccoons, etc. as well as domesticated pets enjoying the PA Wilds.
- Creative: Creative interpretations of the PA Wilds landscapes, lifestyle, design elements, etc. Let your imagination roam wild and free!
- PA Wilds Brand Fans: Enjoying Straub Beer in the PA Wilds, kayaking with Allegheny Outfitters, PA Wilds logo shots (wearing our shirts, signage, logo stickers, etc.) Please note: any Straub related entries are eligible for those ages 21 and older as of February 20, 2017.
Image winners will be randomly selected for each of the 7 categories. Recipients will receive a PA Wilds themed Prize Pack that will include admission for you and 1 guest to the Exclusive PA Wilds Marketing Launch Party to be held in late Spring of 2017, date and location to be announced, a $50 Cash Prize, a free canoe trip from Kinzua Dam to Allegheny Outfitters ($45 value day trip, 2-3 hours), and a SURPRISE PA Wilds Swag Bag with goodies from the PA Wilds Center and our sponsors. (further detail on the Prize Packs is available in the official contest rules).
Link to official rules & releases
Please carefully review the Photo Contest Official Rules terms and release information before submitting your entry, as well as how winners will be selected. Please note if you feature an individual in a photo, you must also secure a written release – you may download a Sample Model Release Form here. By submitting an entry, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to the Official Rules and Release and warrants that his or her entry complies with all requirements set forth in these Official Rules.
Fill out the form below to enter your photos today.